Qualifications to become a security guard?
Security guards monitor sites to prevent theft, fire and other harmful situations. They’re responsible for maintaining the safety of employees, residents, visitors and all people within an assigned location. Security guards armed with handguns, pepper spray and other law enforcement tools should be trained. So, Let us know basic requirements and qualifications to become a security guard.
- Should be at least 18 years old.
- Should be trained in handling Security equipment’s in emergency situation.
- Should have knowledge on first aid methods and emergency procedures
- Professional knowledge on firefighting, fire safety and use of security gadgets etc.
- Communicating and keep recordings
- Handling crowd and Traffic management
- A Security guard is required to get license especially for armed security guards
- Patrol and inspect property to protect it from criminal activities.
Qualifications to become a Security Guard:
For a security guard job, qualification in a high school diploma requires. Security guards must also:
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be trained in handling guns in case of emergency.
- Have knowledge of public safety and security.
- Work well independently and with others.
Other Skills and Experience
Candidates with degree or higher and have knowledge of a second language may have possible job role as:
- Protection Officer
- Operations Manager
- Security Officer