Office Cleaning Tips & Tricks
A clean office is an essential thing to maintaining the business. It increases the efficiency of workers, because all things are organized in their designated place. It enhances creativity and focus; because workers aren't distracted by the crumbs on their keyboard or the layer of dust on their work place. It improves health, because everything is sanitized and bugs aren’t crawling in to munch on the food scraps in the trash bin. At long last, it improves your business reputation, since any individual who stops by (whether a customer, new staff member, or even only a companion) can see that your organization is proficient, organized, and thinks about its workers. So if your office is smothered under a layer of dust and grime, you have to act now. Utilize our office cleaning tips to get your office clean and keep it that way.
Hiring a professional cleaning service is the best way to ensure a consistently clean office space, if you choose to take on the task yourself (or divvy it up amongst co-workers), use these office cleaning tips to maintain a neat and clean work environment.
- Keep a basket fully stocked with all of your office cleaning essentials (glass cleaner, dusting spray, microfiber wipes, rubbing alcohol, paper towels, etc). Also include a simple, laminated chart with common office cleaning tips to remind employees of your cleaning procedures.
- Give every item in your office a place and keep it there. If you have problem remembering where things are, label the storage locations.
- Limit the number of items on your desk. The excess clutter makes it difficult to spread out your work. Anything that you don’t use frequently (paper clips, business cards, an extra calendar) should be relegated to another location.
- Most office supply and electronics stores offer special wipes made for keyboards. Pick some up and wipe your keyboard and monitor daily, especially if you sometimes eat meals or snack at your desk. Let the keyboard dry before you begin using it again.
- Clean your office phone regularly by spraying cleaner onto a cloth and wiping that on your phone. Dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol to wipe down the dial pad
- Take out the trash frequently and vacuum frequently in areas that people eat. This will help keep the bugs at bay
- All dishes in the break room should be cleaned immediately after a meal. Also, require employees to put dried dishes away on a specific day of the week so that the dish rack doesn’t become overcrowded.
- If you make a mess in the microwave, you have to clean it up immediately. Waiting will only make the problem worse because the food will have dried up.
- Take good care of any office plants. Remove dry and shedding leaves, water consistently, and watch for signs of decay. If you can’t keep the plant looking beautiful and healthy, either purchase an artificial plant (and be sure to dust it often) or don’t have any plants in the office whatsoever.
- Remember to clean behind your furniture as well. That strip of dust and dirt behind your desk betrays an otherwise clean and tidy office
- Imagine you are a client entering the office. Walk around the office following the same path a client might take, stopping often to study your surroundings. Make note of any untidiness and remove it using the office cleaning tips above.
Be sure that your employees are aware of their duties when it comes to cleaning the office. You might think about assigning people specific days to do more major tasks (vacuuming the office, cleaning windows) and also instruct everyone to take care of their own desk space using these office cleaning tips.
If a teamwork system doesn’t work, hire professionals. Not will they complete the job on time and thoroughly, but then you won’t have to worry about getting on your co-workers’ backs when cleaning duties are delayed or neglected. If you’re looking for janitorial services Hyderabad, give a call to JSF at 040-63c2727-8088. We offer a variety of cleaning services and will work with you to prepare a cleaning program that meets your needs in your budget.